teacher1209

Ramblings of a Random Reader

I read YA, historical romance and some contemporary romance. I'm a mom to an 18 yo college freshman and 15 yo high school freshman. I'm a teacher who's working on a masters degree in special education, a wife an 9 yr breast cancer survivor. I read to escape real life stress.

The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science
Norman Doidge
Fifty Shames of Earl Grey (Audiobook MP3-CD edition) - Andrew Shaffer, Fanny Merkin, Allyson Ryan This was quite funny, a wonderful parody on that other book. The way the author ragged on all the impossible things from the other book was quite clever. It did seem to drag a bit toward the end, less humor or rather maybe not as funny jokes as in the first part of the book which is what drew me in. The only thing that I did not like was the line Anna spoke when talking to Kathleen aka Rosalie about Earl "He's a nice guy. Like Mark Zuckerberg only less autistic." Yeah I know many would find that funny but you all know me, having an autistic son I found that rather offensive. I don't know, maybe I'm too sensitive, but any time someone makes fun of a disability I don't like it. I think there were a few other references to disabilities but this was the one that stuck out for me. This and the dragging at the end were why I gave it a 4.