teacher1209

Ramblings of a Random Reader

I read YA, historical romance and some contemporary romance. I'm a mom to an 18 yo college freshman and 15 yo high school freshman. I'm a teacher who's working on a masters degree in special education, a wife an 9 yr breast cancer survivor. I read to escape real life stress.

The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science
Norman Doidge
alls fair in love and seduction beverly kendall - Beverly Kendall Another Netgalley book. I absolutely adored Derek and Elizabeth! Derek is smitten with Elizabeth and in a moment of lust kisses her in the garden at a ball when she followed him outside. The problem with this...they were overheard by Lady Danvers, the biggest gossip of the ton. In order to prevent Lady Danvers from ruining her, Elizabeth lies that the man she was with was her betrothed and as Lady Danvers had nit seen the man, she believed Elizabeth, grudgingly, but insisted she be intruduced to said fiance' as soon as the engagement was announced. Elizabeth informed her family of what Derek had done and the lie she had told, which resulted in Derek being confronted and told he had to marry Elizabeth. Not wanting to be coerced into a marriage he did not want-he believed Elizabeth set him up-Derek set out to find a way out of the marriage. What Derek finds out about Elizabeth and familial connection to a sordid time from his brothers past sets him on the path to make Elizabeth pay. Only after he has made a huge mistake does Derek learn the real truth of what happen with his brother and Elizabeths sister.The author weaves a wonderful story of lust, lies and passion. The secondary characters of Alex, Charlotte, Catherine, Missy and James provide good support to the main characters. I am reading the next book in this series, An Heir of Deception, which takes up where this book left off, only covering the lives of Charlotte and Alex.