teacher1209

Ramblings of a Random Reader

I read YA, historical romance and some contemporary romance. I'm a mom to an 18 yo college freshman and 15 yo high school freshman. I'm a teacher who's working on a masters degree in special education, a wife an 9 yr breast cancer survivor. I read to escape real life stress.

The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science
Norman Doidge
An Heir of Deception - Beverley Kendall Another great book by Beverley Kendall! Charlotte left Alex at the alter 5 years ago, with no word of why, leaving a devestated Alex behind. Hearing that her twin Caroline is gravely I'll, Charlotte journeys back to London from the United States, with a heavy heart and BIG secret. When Charlotte shows up at her brother James' home, she doesn't expect to find a healthy Caroline let alone Alex. Alex is shaken to the core when he sees the former love of his life. Alex indulged himselfin women and alcohol, to his deriment and nearly his demise, but he's been alcohol free for two years, seeing Charlotte is enough to tempt him off the wagon.Alex's loathing of Charlotte only intensifies when learns her secret...that she bore him a son 4 years ago in America. Charlotte tries to explain she only left because she received a letter threatening to expose the fact that she and Catherines mother was a former slave and that she was trying save Alex and her family from scandal and ruin. Alex tells Charlotte in no uncertain terms he will NEVER forgive her or love her again. In spite of his words, Charlotte vows she WILL earn his forgiveness and earn his love again. Charlotte still fears her life will be ruined when the letter writer learns she has returned and cannot allow herself to be completely and truly happy until the identity of the letter writer is learned.The rest of the book covers Alex and Charlotte trying to parent Nicholas together, explore their own relationship and learn the identity of the letter writer. The last couple of chapters bring out a few revelations that shocked and surprised me. This is the 3rd book in The Elusive Lords series, I will be reading other two books in the series, there are a total of 4 and I've read one already.I highly recommend this series to anyone who enjoys well written historical romance novels.