teacher1209

Ramblings of a Random Reader

I read YA, historical romance and some contemporary romance. I'm a mom to an 18 yo college freshman and 15 yo high school freshman. I'm a teacher who's working on a masters degree in special education, a wife an 9 yr breast cancer survivor. I read to escape real life stress.

The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science
Norman Doidge

Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins I cannot say enough how much I absolutely LOVED this book! Stephanie weaves an intricate tapestry of f,awed characters who, despite their young age, face real adult problems, make mistakes then make them again and again until they get it right. Anna and St. Clair aka Etienne, are so alike but do not realise it, they keep just missing out on being together because of misunderstandings and interfering other parties. My heart hurt for each og them at different moments throughout the book. Through each other they learn to deal with the ups and downs of life, stand up for themselves and go after what they want.